Lizzie loves animals, so when I found a 20% discount on a zoo membership, I jumped at it. (And until Lizzie turns 3, both of the girls get in free!) That means the three of us can go to the zoo as often as we want for the next year. (And since I'm a member, we get in an hour earlier than everyone else and beat a lot of the crowds.) :o)
Anyway, we went for a quick visit this morning, and here are some of the highlights: We saw giraffes, camels, a bear, monkeys, sting rays, lots of birds, and some really big turtles! We're excited to go back again and see some more animals next time.
You can just barely see the bear napping on the rock.
The camels!
You can just barely see the giraffes in the background on the horizon. (And some gnus, I believe.)
There are two macaws in the tree.
This was apparently a free-range peacock, because it left the tortoise exhibit, and Lizzie wanted to chase it!
Sting rays.
Big turtles!
And here are the two cuties on a water break. They did great, but it still wore Mom out!
Friday, September 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment