Remember this?
There was a big storm on October 5, 2010, and it crashed to the ground. For the last year, various people have been trying to raise funds (~$65,000) to have it restored.
This afternoon, the girls and I went to Fiesta Mall to get some exercise and play in the playground area:
While we were there we saw this on display:
I wanted to take a picture of the girls with the Diving Lady because I figured my sisters would find it interesting, but... Notice that Lizzie isn't in the picture. And notice that Heidi's turned around watching her run off.
Lizzie ran off two different times. At one point I was busy reading the display, and a stranger had to tell me, "There she goes!" I finally caught up to her at the Verizon store.
Oh, the joys of having a two year old.
P.S. The restoration is complete, and the sign is scheduled to be back up sometime before Thanksgiving, pending a permit approval.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Thanks for sharing. I'm glad its being restored.
ReplyDelete